Monday, March 25, 2013

This is my take on Vintage Sci-Fi, for Rebecca .. I hope she approves.   I couldn't find any robots small enough yet strong enough to hold the chunky, so I made my own version.  The rather oversized moon has a map on it , mostly obscured by the applied texture. The films are Metropolis .. one of the first to have a robot, and a lady one at that!; From Earth to the Moon; Forbidden Planet - with Robbie the Robot, who became such a star he appeared in several other films and TV shows!; and Lost in Space, with B-9 (is that a pun on benign, as in "do no harm"??)

2 comments:

BEX said...

Brilliant and inspired Frances. Can't wait to see it in real life as I know it will be even better. Thank you so much, it's perfect (as are all your chunkies).

Jaz said...

francis this is absolutely gorgous, i wish you made them for sale.
jas x